Listed below are the most common permits required by the City of Yucaipa. This page is provided for informational assistance only, and is not meant to be a complete list of all permits available. If you are still unsure if you need a permit or which permit application(s) are required for your project or have any additional questions, please contact the City of Yucaipa at 909-797-2489 for assistance.
Required to do any type of construction in the City, both Commercial & Residential
This application is required for the construction, alteration or expansion of every use that is allowed by a Land Use District subject to a Conditional Use Permit.
Home Occupations and Cottage Industries are commercial uses which are accessory to a residential land use where such a use will clearly not alter the character nor the appearance of the residential environment.
An Itinerant Vendor is defined as any person who engages in a temporary or transient business in the City, selling or offering for sale services, good, wares, merchandise or things or articles of value, with the intention of conducting such business in the City for a period of not more than ninety (90) days in a calendar year, and who, for the purpose of carrying on such business, hires, leases or occupies any room, doorway, vacant lot, parking lot, building or structure for the exhibition or sale of services, goods, wares or merchandise.
A Massage Therapy Establishment Permit to operate, maintain, run, or manage a massage therapy business at a location other than one’s personal residence (any massage therapy services that are to be provided at a massage therapist’s residence will require an approved Home Occupation Permit prior to the start of any such activities).
- A Personal Massage Therapist Permit
- An outcall Massage Therapist Permit
- A Massage Therapy One-Day Special Permit (must be submitted at least seven (7) days prior to the day of the special event.)
The City of Yucaipa promotes a positive atmosphere for production companies wishing to film within the City limits. A film permit is required for all filming done within the City of Yucaipa. We have a simplified permit procedure designed to coordinate all your production needs with City health and safety requirements.
No person shall cut, remove, encroach into the protected zone, or relocate any oak tree on any public or private property within the City unless a valid oak tree permit has been issued by the City pursuant to the Yucaipa Municipal Code, Volume II, Division 9, Chapter 5 and the Oak Tree Conservation and Protection Guidelines.
This application is required for the construction, alteration or expansion of every use that is allowed by a Land Use District subject to a Conditional Use Permit, where the new use is relatively small in scale, would be developed in one phase, is exempt from CEQA, and is not associated with any other applications.
Thank you for your interest in hosting a Special Event in the City of Yucaipa. The Community Services Department created this application to help you host a successful and exciting event here in Yucaipa. A special event in the City of Yucaipa is defined as a “Carnival”, “Community Celebration”, or “Outdoor Festival” which includes the use of amplified sound and/or estimated attendance equal to or exceeding 300 people on City or private property. Except as otherwise provided by state law, no person or entity shall operate, maintain, conduct, advertise, or provide admission for any temporary special event within the City of Yucaipa without possessing a permit for each such temporary special event (Ord. No. 394).
Interested in hosting an event that qualifies for a Special Event Permit? Complete the Special Event Application and contact Community Services Director Megan Wolfe at email@example.com or 909-797-2489, ext. 241.
These uses shall be permitted in a land use district subject to the issuance of a Special Use Permit.
A temporary accessory portable sign (e.g. a flag or banner) is defined as any temporary sign that indicates any one or a combination of the following:
1. The name of the business; the type of the business; and/or the principal product(s) of the business.
2. Relates to a forthcoming or current sale or promotion designated for a specified period of time.
Development Code Sections 87.0701 through 87.0760 makes several general provisions with which each business must comply.
Yard Sale Permit applications must be processed at City Hall for approval. Permits cannot be issued via email, fax, or mail.
- Four (4) yard sales per calendar year are allowed.
- All four (4) sales require a permit. The first sale is exempt from a fee. The remaining three (3) have a fee of $2.50 each.
- Each sale is limited to three (3) consecutive days. There can be no consecutive sales, i.e., no two (2) weekends in a row.
- Sales can only be held between 8 am and 8 pm.
- All property to be sold must be the personal property of the applicant and has not been acquired or consigned for the purpose of resale.
- Items for sale cannot be placed in the public right-of-way and can only be displayed during the sale. Sale items must be put away when the sale is over.
- You can only have one sign advertising your sale and it must be on the property where the sale is being held. It can be double faced, not larger than six feet by 4 feet. You can post the sign up to 24 hours before the sale, but it must be removed immediately following the sale. No signs are allowed on utility poles or in the public right-of-way.