The City of Yucaipa is home to 41 mobilehome parks with approximately 4,270 spaces. These communities provide a variety of living styles from family/all age parks to senior parks, and from smaller trailer parks to large communities with amenities.
Mobilehome living is dictated by a variety of agencies; the most frequently requested resources from each agency is listed below:
- Administrative Rules
- Mobilehome Communities in Yucaipa
- Mobilehome Park Closures
- Mobilehome Rent Review Commission
- Mobilehome Park Senior Overlay District
- Yucaipa Municipal Code 15.20 (YMC)
Yucaipa Mobilehome Residents Association (YMRA) is a 501(C)(4) nonprofit organization located inside the Yucaipa Womans Club building at 35215 Avenue A, 909-797-9732. YMRA serves the 41 mobilehome parks in the city of Yucaipa, with over 4,200 mobilehome park residents. Their mission is to protect homeowner rights, to address homeowner concerns, and to provide information and resources in order to achieve these ends.
The City of Yucaipa’s Rent Stabilization Program offers the following services related to Mobilehome Parks, Park Owners and Residents:
- Mobilehome Residency Law for State Regulations on Operations of Mobilehome Parks
- Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program helps to resolve certain disputes between mobilehome/manufactured homeowners in mobilehome parks and park owners/management. Mobilehome/manfactured homeowners may submit a complaint for an alleged violation of the Mobilehome Residency Law here.
- The State Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman/Mobilehome Assistance Center is a complaint processing office that primarily assists the public with questions or problems associated with the various aspects of manufactured home (mobilehome) living, including: utility health and safety issues, and complaints with manufactured home dealers, sales, warranties and other programs under the review of state HCD’s Division of Code and Standards.
- Contact the State Housing and Community Development Department for Registration and Title Documents for new or resold manufactured homes
The City of Yucaipa periodically hosts mobilehome residents and park owner education conferences with guest speakers from various agencies. Please check back for future conferences! Topics vary with each conference and may include:
- Overview of specific sections of YMC 15.20 and the Administrative Rules
- Code Enforcement Assistance
- Fire Safety
- Crime Prevention
- Emergency Preparedness
The City of Yucaipa General Services Department, as the Local Enforcement Agency for the Mobilehome Parks Act and the Special Occupancy Parks Act of the California Health and Safety Code, and Title 25, Chapters 2 and 2.2, of the California Code of Regulations, is responsible for administering and processing the annual Mobilehome Park “Permit to Operate” program. The annual Permit to Operate renewal date for all mobilehome parks in Yucaipa is December 31st of each year.
Rent control limits the increase a park owner can impose to a resident once per year to the current Annual Rent Adjustment based on the CPI. Commencing in 2020, and thereafter, the Annual Adjustment for each calendar year shall be calculated using the increase in the CPI index for the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario areas, All Urban Consumers, for the preceding twelve-month period ending November. If a park owner proposes something over the permissive rate for that year a resident may contact the General Services Department at 909-797-2489, ext. 230 or 221 for review and assistance.
On September 14, 2020, the City Council approved Resolution No. 2020-56, which establishes the 2021 Annual Registration fees for the enforcement of the Mobilehome Rent Stabilization Ordinance.
The 2021 Annual Registration approved by City Council is $102.00 per rent control space per year. Pursuant to YMC 15.20, the Park Owner may pass on one-half of the Annual Registration fee to residents of those spaces that are under the provisions of rent control in twelve (12) equal monthly installments. The resident’s assessment of one-half of the Annual Registration fee is currently $35.40 per year ($2.95 per month) and will increase to $51.00 per year ($4.25 per month) effective January 1, 2021. This fee is separate from your base rent and is required to be separately itemized on your rent invoice.