Community Activity Grants
Purpose of the Community Activity Grant Program
The purpose of the Yucaipa Community Activity Grant Program is to support the efforts of local non-profit 501(c) agencies/organizations that provide valuable services, programs and/or events to the Yucaipa residents.
The City of Yucaipa is accepting Community Activity Grant (CAG) applications for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2021/22 grant cycle beginning April 1, 2021. Local non-profit agencies/organizations who are proposing to continue on-going programs/services, new programs and/or services or small/large scale special events that meet the grant guidelines are eligible for the CAG Program.
Community Activity Grant Submittal
Applicants may not submit another application if the funding has not been spent within the effective fiscal year. Completed grants can be hand delivered to the General Services/City Clerk Department or mailed to the following address:
City of Yucaipa
34272 Yucaipa Blvd.
Attn: Kimberly Everts
Yucaipa, CA 92399
Applications for the Yucaipa Community Activity Grant will ONLY be accepted from Yucaipa based non-profit 501(c) organizations.
Local non-profit agencies/organizations may request matching funds for: ongoing programs/services, proposed new programs and/or services, small/large scale special events that meet the established guidelines.
- Organization is not an established 501(c).
- Organization is located in another community.
- Organizations that have received financial grant awarded funds for three grant cycles beginning with the FY 2020/21 grant cycle.
- New proposed program, service, or event that is already being provided for in the community.
- Program/event will take place in another community.
- Programming for and rental of the Equestrian Center, and the Uptown Park facilities.
- Programming for and rental of the Yucaipa Performing Arts Center (YPAC), apart from the Yucaipa High School (YHS) Music and Art Department (production equipment and personnel ineligible).
- The application must be complete and contain applicant information, amount of request, proof of eligibility, clear statement of need, target population, program description/scope, outcome measurement, applicant background, experience in program area, and financial capabilities/budget is required to ensure grant funds are used to subsidize and not supplant the program.
- The grant program will be reviewed on a yearly basis during the budget process to analyze funding availability for the upcoming fiscal year. If Council determines that the budget priorities have changed and funds need to be reallocated, the grant amount may be increased, decreased or deemed unavailable for that fiscal year.
- Grant applications requesting financial support will have a firm deadline.
- Applications will not be considered when grant funds are depleted.
- Grant applications requesting in-kind support will be reviewed and considered as received until funds are depleted.
- Beginning with the FY 2020/21 grant cycle, financial grant awarded funds will be reduced each year for a returning applicant that has been awarded financial support in the previous year(s) by the following percentage: 1st Year= 100% funded, 2nd Year = 75% funded, and 3rd Year = 50% funded and 0% thereafter.
- Grant awarded funds must be spent during the grant awarded fiscal year.
- The awarded grant recipients must submit a detailed follow-up financial accountability report within one month following the event/project in order to remain eligible for future funding.
Upon City Council award, the City will initiate the approved payment in full (30-45 days).
Following receipt of the grant funds and completion of the awarded project, grant recipients must submit to City Council an Event Reporting Financial Worksheet within one month following the event/project.