PERMITSYard Sale Permits
Yard Sale Permit applications are available at the front reception counter at City Hall or may be downloaded by clicking HERE. Applications must be processed at City Hall for approval. Permits cannot be issued via email, fax, or mail.
- Four (4) yard sales per calendar year are allowed.
- All four (4) sales require a permit. The first sale is exempt from a fee. The remaining three (3) have a fee of $2.50 each.
- Each sale is limited to three (3) consecutive days. There can be no consecutive sales, i.e., no two (2) weekends in a row.
- Sales can only be held between 8 am and 8 pm.
- All property to be sold must be the personal property of the applicant and has not been acquired or consigned for the purpose of resale.
- Items for sale cannot be placed in the public right-of-way and can only be displayed during the sale. Sale items must be put away when the sale is over.
- You can only have one sign advertising your sale and it must be on the property where the sale is being held. It can be double faced, not larger than six feet by 4 feet. You can post the sign up to 24 hours before the sale, but it must be removed immediately following the sale. No signs are allowed on utility poles or in the public right-of-way.