PERMITSSignal Pole Banners
Banner Display, Design and Installation Guidelines
- Banners shall be secured by means of stainless steel straps.
- No holes shall be punched, drilled, or burned in any poles.
- All attachments shall be mounted so as to provide adequate clearance from traffic and pedestrians, and shall be secured to poles to avoid dislodging.
- No more than two banners shall be installed on any single pole and the total surface area of both banners shall not exceed 36 square feet at any one time.
- Banners for use on poles in high wind areas (90 mph) must be mounted with break-away banner supports and banners must have adequate vents.
- No banner shall be suspended between poles or between poles and any structure.
- In no event shall a banner be hung or displayed for a period of time exceeding two years for any one banner.
- The banner design, material and fastening mechanisms shall be subject to the approval of the City Manager or his designee prior to installation.
- Banners shall not display corporate trademarks, logos or other corporate identifiers.
- Encroachment Permits, insurance and inspections are required prior to the installation and removal of banners.
- Banners hung within the public right-of-way shall utilize materials of sufficient quality and strength as are necessary to ensure that they will remain in place during the approved display period, will not pose a risk to the public, and will remain in an aesthetically pleasing condition throughout the display period.