A community of people, families, and businesses who find solace in the outdoors and simple living.


How Much can the Rent be Increased Each Year?

The rent for a mobilehome space may be increased once every 12 months by the lesser of either five (5) percent of the current space rent as of the date of the complete application, or eighty percent (80%) of the increase in the CPI during the preceding twelve (12) months, provided that this increase may not be imposed until twelve (12) months after that space comes under the regulations of this Ordinance.  The CPI index for the Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County areas, for the preceding twelve-month period ending December 31, shall be used in calculating the annual adjustment.

What is the CPI?

The “CPI” is the Consumer Price Index and is published by the United States Department of Labor for various regions of the United States.  The City of Yucaipa uses the CPI for the Los Angeles – Riverside – Orange County area.  The Consumer Price Index (CPI) is a measure of the average change over time in the prices paid by urban consumers for a variety of consumer goods and services.  The Consumer Price Index is published for the Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County areas by the United States Department of Labor and can be found online at

What are Registration Fees?

Pursuant to Yucaipa Municipal Code (YMC) Chapter 15.20, the intent of the annual registration fees is to cover the costs of administering the Mobilehome Rent Stabilization Program. To ensure that the Mobilehome Rent Stabilization Program remains financially self-sufficient, the City Council approved an overall funding model that addresses the funding for any accumulated deficit and ongoing costs associated with the administration of the program.  The Council has directed staff to calculate the revenues and expenses using the approved model and return to Council each September to propose the registration fee to be implemented January 1st of each subsequent year.  The annual registration fee is due and payable by the Park on or before January 31st of each year. One half of this fee may be passed on to residents of those spaces subject to the YMC , in twelve (12) equal monthly installments. This fee may be included in the monthly statement of rent due, but must be itemized separately, and shall not be deemed to be a part of the rent or included in the rent base when calculating rent adjustments.

Who is Covered by the Rent Control Ordinance?

The City of Yucaipa Rent Stabilization Ordinance covers any mobilehome park space tenant on a month-to-month rental agreement.  This Ordinance shall not apply to:  (1)  newly constructed mobilehome spaces first held out for rent on or after January 1, 1990; and (2)  any Mobilehome Park, which has signed and is in compliance with a mobilehome accord and agreement approved by resolution of the City Council.  This exemption shall apply during the term of the agreement including any extensions or renewals thereof, provided that upon its expiration the Mobilehome Park shall again be subject to the Ordinance and the base rents in the Mobilehome Park shall be the rents last charged pursuant to the agreement. The rent regulation provisions of this Ordinance shall not apply to any space while that space is subject to a lease, which exempts that space from rent regulation pursuant to the California Mobilehome Residency Law, Civil Code § 798, et seq.

Where can I get a list of the Mobilehome Parks in Yucaipa?

The State of California Housing and Community Development Department has made the complete list of all mobilehome parks in California available on their website.  Go to the website and select ”Yucaipa City”.  All Mobilehome Parks in the City of Yucaipa are displayed and can be printed if desired. Park listing website:

Where can I get a list of average space rents for Mobilehome Parks in Yucaipa?

Data for high/low/average space rents is obtained from the Annual Registrations submitted to the City by each Park Owner. Click Here to View Space Rents 

Who can Answer my Questions About the Rent Stabilization Program in Yucaipa?

Questions regarding the Rent Stabilization Program can be answered by contacting the General Services/City Clerk Department at 909-797-2489 (Ext. 236, 230, or 221).