Stay InformedCorona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID19)
City Hall open by appointment only
City Hall is open Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM (closed Fridays). To speak to the receptionist or to make an appointment, please call 909/797-2489 ext. 131.
The City of Yucaipa is monitoring the situation involving the worldwide COVID-19 disease outbreak. At this time, we advise city residents and businesses to follow all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as local advisories from the California Department of Public Health and the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health. Please see the links below for information from these agencies:
As the situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, the City of Yucaipa is working hard to support the members of our community, including businesses, through this difficult time. On Wednesday, March 18, the Yucaipa City Council approved a resolution Proclaiming the Existence of a Local Emergency by approving Resolution No. 2020-16. The Resolution was forwarded to the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services. The adoption of Resolution No. 2020-16 will allow the City to request resources, including financial support and reimbursement, from the State Office of Emergency Services (OES) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for costs incurred in preparation and/or response to the COVID-19 outbreak. It may also assist local businesses in their efforts to apply for loans or event grants to help them throughout this difficult time.
Below is a listing of Agenda Reports (and attachments) presented to the City Council pertaining to COVID-19. Please visit the City Council Agenda Packet webpage for more detailed information, meeting Minutes, and audio recordings of these meetings.
- July 13, 2020 City Council Meeting (Extending Declaration of Local Emergency)
- July 8, 2020 City Council Meeting (CARES Act Relief Fund Allocation)
- June 8, 2020 City Council Meeting (Ratify Yucaipa Executive Order No. 20-03)
- June 8, 2020 City Council Meeting (Ratify Yucaipa Executive Order No. 20-02)
- May 27, 2020 City Council Meeting (CDBG -CV Funding – Small Business Resiliency Grant Program)
- May 11, 2020 City Council Meeting (Ratify the Local Emergency Proclamation) Resolution No. 2020-29
- April 27, 2020 City Council Meeting (Report to Council related to COVID-19) Urgency Ordinance No. 392-U (Emergency Regulations Related to Tenant Evictions)
- April 13, 2020 City Council Meeting (Extending Declaration of Local Emergency, Ratify Yucaipa Executive Order No. 20-01)
- March 23, 2020 City Council Meeting (Urgency Item related to COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 Emergency Council Meeting (Proclaiming the Existence of a Local Emergency)
- March 16, 2020 Emergency Council Meeting (COVID-19 Update)
- March 16, 2020 Emergency Council Meeting (Public Works Report)
Previous City News and Updates
- Mayor Avila COVID-19 Update – April 7, 2020
- Press Conference Held at Yucaipa City Hall – March 31, 2020
- Mayor Avila COVID-19 Update – March 30, 2020
- Mayor Avila COVID-19 Update – March 28, 2020
- Mayor Avila COVID-19 Update – March 26, 2020
- City Manager Casey COVID-19 Update – March 26, 2020
- Closure of City Hall – March 26, 2020
- Mayor Avila COVID-19 Update – March 23, 2020
- Postponement of City Events – March 13, 2020
- City of Yucaipa’s Phased Response to COVID-19
- SoCalGas Announces Suspension of Service Disconnections: NEWS RELEASE_SoCalGasAnnouncesSuspension.pdf
- SoCalGas Stands with your Community During COVID-19 (English) (Spanish)
- SoCalGas Shares Ways to Stay Safe and Save Money on Energy Bills While Spending More Time at Home (English) (Spanish)
- For more information on general emergency preparedness: http://yucaipa.org/residents/disaster-emergency-preparedness/preparedness-tips
San Bernardino County’s COVID-Compliant Business Partnership Program Website and Application now LIVE! Apply today!
The website for the County’s new COVID-Compliant Business Partnership Program is now live! View more information, check eligibility, and apply at http://sbcovid19.com/covid-compliant-business-partnership-program/. Through this program, businesses committed to safety measures to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 will receive $2,500 in grant funds to offset costs and impacts directly related to complying with COVID protocols. In addition to the $2,500 grant funds, businesses participating in the COVID Compliant Program will have access to receive PPE from the County at a discounted rate (“County cost”) and be issued a window graphic to recognize the business for its commitment to public health and safety as a designated COVID-Compliant Business Partner. Businesses are encouraged to apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Funds are disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis, and it is anticipated that funding will be exhausted quickly!
The deadline for applications is August 31, 2020.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 909-387-3911
- Visit the City’s webpage dedicated to providing information on various resources and opportunities available to businesses during this pandemic.
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Small Business Owner’s Guide on programs and initiatives under the new Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act