800-472-5609 (24-hour hot line).
The City contracts with the County of San Bernardino Animal Care & Control to provide Animal Control services to City residents. The contract is managed by the Administrative Services Department and the General Services/City Clerk Department. The services provided by Animal Care & Control include:
- Enforce all animal laws (leash law, dog licensing, tethering, etc.)
- Pick-up and impound stray animals for the health and safety of the public
- Respond to all animal complaints and other hazards
- Investigate alleged cases of cruelty and/or the inhumane treatment of animals
- Track animal bites
- Assist with humane trapping of nuisance animals
- Quarantine (confine) certain animals (i.e. those involved in bite cases)
- Shelter, feed, and care for stray, abandoned, unwanted, and mistreated animals
- Find homes for the shelter animals that are not claimed by an owner
- Assist with spay/neuter costs (voucher program)
- Survey wildlife for rabies
- Sponsor low-cost rabies clinics so pet owners can protect their animals
- Provide education to the public about how to be a good pet owner
How many dogs can I have in the City of Yucaipa?
Pursuant to City of Yucaipa Municipal Code Section 84.0560 (h)(1), it depends on the lot size of your home. You can have a combination of dogs, cats, and/or pot-bellied pigs as follows: Less than 7,200 sq. ft. lot: 2 per lot or unit; 7,200 sq. ft. lot: 3 per lot, 10,000 sq. ft. lot: 4 per lot, 20,000 sq. ft. lot: *5 per lot. (* Five or more require a Special Use Permit (SUP) and a Public Health permit.