RecreationS.T.A.R.S. BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL
Yucaipa is seeing STARS. That’s S.T.A.R.S. as in Science, Technology, Arts, Recreation for Success. The before and after-school program combines fun, education, and enrichment for success for children from transitional kindergarten through eighth grades. S.T.A.R.S. provides a quality, safe and affordable before and after-school program that strives to assist students to achieve higher grades and to improve school attendance and behavior. The emphasis is on creating lifelong experiences. Activities include recreation, physical fitness, health and wellness activities, performing and fine arts, homework assistance, middle school clubs, and intramural sports. Staff members, parents, and teachers work as a team to create a learning environment that prepares children to live, learn, and thrive in a highly connected world.
Locations of Sites
Calimesa Elementary School, Chapman Heights Elementary School, *Dunlap Elementary School, *Inland Leaders Charter School, Mesa View Middle School, Park View Middle School, Ridgeview Elementary School, Valley Elementary School, and Wildwood Elementary School (*Dunlap is an A.M. program only, Inland Leaders is a P.M. program only).
Hours & Rates
Program hours may vary, depending on school schedules. Scholarships may be available upon request. For more information, please call 909-790-7460.
- 6:30 am to 8:15 am (Program dismissal times vary per school site)
- (Parkview and Mesa View Middle Schools, 6:00 am to 7:15 am)
- Rates: $27.00 per week (flat rate); $16.25 (2-day rate)
- Immediately after school until 6:00 pm
- Rates: $48.75 per week (flat rate); $27 (2-day rate)
- Combined Rate: AM and PM before and after school program $64.75 per week (flat rate)
TK & Kindergarten Program
- Limited transitional kindergarten and kindergarten services are available at all school sites
- Hours vary upon release times
- Rates: $75.00 per week (flat rate); $40 (2-day rate), only if a morning or afternoon TK or kindergarten student at Calimesa, Ridgeview, Valley, or Wildwood, otherwise, rates above apply.
- Combined Rate: AM and PM before and after school program $86.25 per week (flat rate)
The S.T.A.R.S. Before and After School Program is a prepaid program. All applicable fees are required prior to the week your child attends. In an effort to ensure the success of the program, the following payment schedule shall be enforced:
- Participants may not attend future S.T.A.R.S. sessions or other City programs until past due fees are reconciled and registration for future services are prepaid.
- Open registration is accepted until 6:00 p.m. on the Sunday before each session.
- After the open registration deadline, a $7.25 late registration fee will be charged – no exceptions.
- Registration will close at 9:00 p.m. on the Monday of each session. (This includes the 2 day and 5 day options.) There will not be any payments accepted after the Monday deadline. The student will not be permitted to attend for the remainder of the session if payment is not received prior to the deadline.
Your cooperation helps to ensure that staff is properly notified with their work schedule, that each site is suitably staffed and provides staff the ability to order materials and supplies for all registered participants. Registration is accepted on a first come, first served basis at the Yucaipa Community Center (34900 Oak Glen Road) or online at https://apm.activecommunities.com/yucaipa/Home. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your child’s S.T.A.R.S. staff onsite or Sarah Martinez, Community Services Coordinator, at 909-797-1177 ext. 422.
2019/2020 Registration now accepted! Please see links below:
- “S.T.A.R.S.” Enrollment Application
- “S.T.A.R.S.” Parent Handbook
- “S.T.A.R.S.” Parent Handbook (Spanish Version)