Concerts in Your Car
We are excited to offer a new event: Concerts in Your Car! Four fantastic bands will hit our outdoor stage at Yucaipa High School for an evening of live music in your car. City staff will direct cars to park facing the stage and will give directions on how to tune into the music. All types of cars are welcome and participants are allowed to sit in the beds of their trucks to view the stage. The entrance to the event will be at the main entrance of Yucaipa High School (33000 Yucaipa Blvd.). Food trucks, restrooms, and hand washbasins will be available.
S.T.A.R.S. Before & After School Program
Please visit our S.T.A.R.S. page for more information.
City of Yucaipa Summer Camp
Participants will need to bring closed toed shoes, sunscreen, water, snacks, a sack lunch, and their “can-do attitudes.” Pre-registration is required as camp space is limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
In order to register, proof of residency, a completed parent enrollment packet, and payment must be provided.
Search: Summer Camp
Here are some of the precautions that will be in place for Summer 2020:
- We will have one camp location at the Yucaipa Community Center.
- We will only offer the five-day camp option.
- We are limiting the size of camp this year. We have cut the number of maximum participants in half.
- We will be increasing our staff to camper ratio. We will have ten campers for every one counselor. Campers will be required to stay within their assigned group, each group will be determined by the age of the campers.
- Each camper must bring their own bag of supplies to use during the week, so they will not be sharing communal art supplies or toys. A list of supplies will be provided to each camper upon successful registration.
- Social distancing will be implemented throughout the day. Games and activities will be structured to maintain social distancing.
- Increased outside play during appropriate weather conditions.
- Cleaning and sanitation practices will be increased. We will have dedicated staff for maintaining cleanliness. Their job will be to clean and sanitize throughout the day.
- All staff members will be required to wear a mask. All campers will be STRONGLY encouraged to wear a mask; however, we will not require campers to wear one.
- We highly encourage parents or guardians to take their child’s temperature and complete a health check before dropping off their camper(s) at camp.
- If a child develops symptoms, they will be isolated, and they will have to be picked up. There will be a strict 72-hour sick policy. If your child has a fever, they cannot return until they are 72 hours fever free without the aid of medicine, as recommended by the CDC.
- We will have increased hand sanitizer stations and designated hand-washing times. All campers will be expected to practice proper hand-washing techniques.
- During meals and snacks, all campers will be socially distanced from one another.
- We will be limiting the number of individuals on campus. Therefore, we are developing a drive-thru pick-up and drop-off procedure. That way only campers and staff will be entering the campus. We will still require adults to show their IDs before they can take a camper home.
For more information, please contact the Yucaipa Community Center at 909-790-7460 ext 324