General ServicesMobilehome Community
The City of Yucaipa is home to 41 mobilehome parks with approximately 4,270 spaces. These communities provide a variety of living styles from family/all age parks to senior parks, and from smaller trailer parks to large communities with amenities.
Mobilehome living is dictated by a variety of agencies; the most frequently requested documents are listed below:
- City of Yucaipa Administrative Rules
- City of Yucaipa Municipal Code 15.20 (YMC)
- City of Yucaipa Mobilehome Communities for a list of Mobilehome Parks in Yucaipa
- City of Yucaipa Mobilehome Regulations, Forms, and Applications
- City of Yucaipa Mobilehome Rent Review Commission
- Mobilehome Resource Information for commonly contacted agencies
- Mobilehome Residency Law for State Regulations on Operations of Mobilehome Parks
- The State Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman/Mobilehome Assistance Center is a complaint processing office that primarily assists the public with questions or problems associated with the various aspects of manufactured home (mobilehome) living, including: utility health and safety issues, and complaints with manufactured home dealers, sales, warranties and other programs under the review of state HCD’s Division of Code and Standards.
- Contact the State Housing and Community Development Department for Registration and Title Documents for new or resold manufactured homes
- Register Your Mobilehome California is a state program that gives owners the opportunity to avoid paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars in state and local taxes, fees, and penalties.
- SoCalGas announces the approval of a 10-Year Mobilehome Park Safety Upgrade Program that provides mobilehome residents enhanced safety, reliability and cost savings by replacing privately owned gas systems with direct utility service.
- San Bernardino County Weights and Measures
The City of Yucaipa provides a variety of services related to mobilehomes including:
- Title 25 Inspections
- Permits to Operate
- Rent Control
- Mobilehome Residents & Park Owners Education Conferences
- Mobilehome Park Closures
- Senior Overlay District
The City of Yucaipa General Services Department, as the Local Enforcement Agency for the Mobilehome Parks Act and the Special Occupancy Parks Act of the California Health and Safety Code, and Title 25, Chapters 2 and 2.2, of the California Code of Regulations, is responsible for administering and processing the annual Mobilehome Park “Permit to Operate” program. The annual Permit to Operate renewal date for all mobilehome parks in Yucaipa is December 31st of each year.
The General Services Department implements the rent stabilization program for eligible mobilehome residents, under Yucaipa Municipal Code Yucaipa Municipal Code 15.20 (YMC), pursuant to the City Council adopted Administrative Rules. Residents are eligible for rent control if they own their home and are not under a long-term lease.
The fee for calendar year 2020 is $70.80 for each space that is not exempt from the YMC. The YMC allows for one-half of the annual amount to be passed on to residents of those spaces that are subject to the YMC in twelve (12) equal monthly installments in the amount of $2.95.
Rent control limits the increase a park owner can impose to a resident once per year to the current Annual Rent Adjustment based on the CPI. Commencing in 2020, and thereafter, the Annual Adjustment for each calendar year shall be calculated using the increase in the CPI index for the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario areas, All Urban Consumers, for the preceding twelve-month period ending November. If a park owner proposes something over the permissive rate for that year a resident may contact the General Services Department at 909-797-2489, ext. 230 or 221 for review and assistance.
The City of Yucaipa periodically hosts mobilehome residents and park owner education conferences with guest speakers from various agencies. Please check back for future conferences! Topics vary with each conference and may include:
- Overview of specific sections of YMC 15.20 and the Administrative Rules
- Code Enforcement Assistance
- Fire Safety
- Crime Prevention
- Emergency Preparedness