Commissions & CommitteesYouth Advisory Committee
The Youth Advisory Committee’s primary responsibilities include:
- Promoting community involvement by completing a minimum of ten (10) hours of community service in the community, per year, for a total of twenty (20) hours per term
- Reviewing and/or suggesting proposals for programs, projects, and facilities as they pertain to youth
- Create opportunities for public discussion of youth issues through meetings, workshops, and conferences
- Reviewing and making recommendations on matters pertaining to youth programming and/or services to the Parks and Recreation Commission, Healthy Yucaipa Committee, Trails and Open Space Committee, and/or City Council
- Create opportunities for youth to be involved in community events and programs
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all other policy matters pertaining to youth
Regular meetings are held bi-monthly on the second and fourth Wednesday. Meetings are typically held at 5:00pm at City Hall.
The Committee is composed of thirteen youth members and two City Councilmembers (to serve as non-voting liaisons). Members must be residents of, or attending school in the City of Yucaipa. Terms shall be for two-years from September 1 to September 1. A list of appointive terms with the name of the incumbent appointee, the date of the appointment, the date the term expires, and the necessary qualifications for the position may be accessed by downloading the Local Appointments List.
Staff Liaison: Sarah Martinez, Community Services Supervisor