COMMISSIONS & COMMITTEESSolid Waste Committee
The Solid Waste Committee’s primary responsibilities include reviewing and making recommendations to the City Council regarding the following types of solid waste matters and issues:
- Review the annual solid waste report submitted by the hauler
- Review the solid waste and recycling rates annual adjustment as submitted by the hauler
- Negotiation of Franchise Agreement
- Development of waste diversion strategies to comply with AB 939
- Address issues and concerns raised by Yucaipa residents
Meetings are held whenever necessary to conduct the business of the Committee.
Agendas may be accessed on the City’s Meeting Agendas page.
The Committee is composed of two members of the City Council.
Staff Liaison: Jennifer Crawford, Deputy City Manager/City Clerk