COMMISSIONS AND COMMITTEESPlanning Commission
The Planning Commission’s primary responsibilities include:
- Preparing and making recommendations to the City Council regarding the City’s General Plan
- Considering and making recommendations to the City Council on land use and Development Code changes
- Reviewing and acting on subdivisions, variances and use permits
- Considering other policies and programs affecting development and land use in Yucaipa for final City Council action
- Reviewing and making recommendations on individual projects pursuant to the provisions of the Development Code
Regular meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM, as needed.
The Commission is composed of seven members that are either residents, property owners, or business owners of the City of Yucaipa. Each commission member’s term (at-large and individual Councilmember appointments) shall run consistent with the general municipal election and shall be for two-years from January 1 to January 1. You may contact the General Services/City Clerk’s Department at 909-797-2489, ext. 221 to be notified of vacancies and appointment procedures. A list of appointive terms with the name of the incumbent appointee, the date of the appointment, the date the term expires, and the necessary qualifications for the position may be accessed by downloading the Local Appointments List.
Staff Liaison: Ben Matlock, Planning Manager/City Planner