The City of Yucaipa is divided into various commercial and residential zoning districts. The Development Code defines which activities or uses are permitted in which zones and provides development standards. For example, the Development Code identifies a single family residence as a permitted use in the RS (single residential) zone and specifies required setbacks from property lines and the maximum height allowance.
Zoning is the division of the City into districts and the application of different regulations in each district. The following is a list of several districts into which the City is divided and for which the Development Code provides specific standards.
- 84.0320 Rural Living (RL) District
- 84.0325 Single Residential (RS) District
- 84.0330 Multiple Residential (RM) District
- 84.0335 High Density Multiple Residential (RM-24) District
- 84.0340 Neighborhood Commercial (CN) District
- 84.0350 General Commercial (CG) District
- 84.0355 Service Commercial (CS) District
- 84.0370 Community Industrial (IC) District
- 84.0380 Institutional (IN) District
- 84.0385 Floodway (FW) District
- 84.0390 Planned Development (PD) District
- 84.0395 Open Space (OS) District
Land Use District/Zoning Map