Property Improvement ProgramsNeighborhood Improvement Awards Program
Who is Eligible to Participate?
Dunlap and Greater Uptown West Neighborhoods are eligible to participate in the Neighborhood Improvement Awards Program.
What is the Neighborhood Improvement Awards Program?
The Neighborhood Improvement Awards Program aims to build neighborhood cohesion and communication, while improving a Neighborhood through beautification of the properties on your street. The City Council will recognize neighbors working together to enhance their neighborhood. Upon completion of the façade improvements, neighbors join together to apply to win a City sponsored block party. Each year, the City will award the top three winners with the following amounts:
- First Place – $1,000
- Second Place – $500
- Third Place – $250
- Plastering or stucco work
- Wood, brick treatments or composite siding
- Replacement of deteriorated or inefficient windows
- Removing or repairing awnings
- Installation of shutters and trim
- Installation of doors or entrances
- Installation of fencing, gates and lighting
- Installation of gutter and downspout repair/replacement
- Installation of exterior lighting
- Installation of landscaping and irrigation; including pavers, walkways, trees, shrubs and landscape lighting
- Removal of roof mounted air conditioner and installation of ground floor air conditioner, not visible from the street
**“Façade” does not include roof or interior repairs.
Any residential block in the Dunlap and Greater Uptown neighborhoods may apply to win a block party. Download the Neighborhood Improvement Awards Program Application. Applications will be reviewed in the month of December each year. Winners will be invited to attend a City Council meeting, where they will be recognized for their efforts. A block party with street closures will be scheduled and the City will purchase items for your celebration.
For further details call (909)797-2489 ext. 257.