BUSINESS COMMUNITYUptown District
The heart of Yucaipa’s past and future is the Historic Uptown District, centered around the intersection of Yucaipa Boulevard and California Street. This district encompasses the site of Yucaipa’s historic downtown, which dates back to the early 1900s. Today, this District is the venue for numerous annual events, including the Yucaipa Music and Arts Festival, Autumnfest, and Winterfest. Residents frequent the local services offered by businesses in the Uptown. A wide range of local-serving businesses are congregated within the Uptown. These include:
- Community Organizations – News Mirror and Chamber of Commerce
- Antiques Stores – A wide range of specialized vintage antique stores
- Senior Residential Housing (and other housing opportunities)
- Business Service – Financial Institutions, Real Estate, and Office Supplies
- Retail Food – Restaurants, eateries, and grocery stores
The City Council is implementing the Uptown Business District Specific Plan to revitalize the district with a mix of commercial uses, open space, and housing. Innovative street design, roundabouts, and thematic lighting support pedestrian activity and shopping. Coupled with business attraction efforts and the Explore Yucaipa Program, the Uptown is undergoing a renaissance. The Uptown offers several incentives to encourage investment. These include favorable bonus density provisions for quality residential development projects.